Information You Provide to Us
We collect the information you provide to us directly when you use the Services, including when you:
Register an account
• Contact information suchas your name, e-mail address, street address, and phone number;
• Demographic information such as year of birth, gender, general location such ascity or state;
• Professional Information such as job title, industry, and education; and
• Payment information suchas your credit card number (processed by our third-party payment processor) andexpiration date, where appropriate to process a financial transaction you haverequested.
Submit information to the Services
Contact Us or Provide Feedback
• Contact information suchas your name, e-mail address, street address, and phone number;
• Comments, requests, and questions you submit through customer service interactions with us;and
• Survey responses
Automatically Collected Information
We automatically collect certain information about your use of the Services or your device. For example, we may collect:
• Device information such as hardware model, IP address, device identifiers, operating system, browser type and settings (like language and available font settings) and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
• Usage information such as the Services you use, the time and duration of your use, and other information about your interaction with content, such as the articles you read and how you interact with our emails.
• Location information such as general location derived from your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s GPS signal, or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted when you use certain Services.
Information From Third-Party Sources
We may receive online or offline informationabout you from other sources, which we may combine with other information wereceive from or about you. For example, we receive information from:
• Other Users, including your contact information if they provide you a gift subscription.
• Publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, including contact information, demographic and professional data, and interests.
• Social Media Services, if you interact with us through a social media service or log in using social media credentials. Depending on your social media settings, we may have access to your information from that service, such as your name, email address, friend or followers/following list, profile and demographic information, current city, comments about or reactions to our Services, and the people/sites you follow.
• Data analytics providers and advertising partners, including usage information, and information about your activity and transactions on other websites or platforms or with other companies.
Other Information We Collect
We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information but doing so may affect your ability to use some of the Services.
We may use your information:
To Provide and Manage the Services, including to:
• provide account access, process your registrations and subscriptions, send you electronic newsletters, and/or enable you to participate in the features (such as commenting) provided by the Services;
• facilitate yourinteractions with Third Party Applications (as defined in our End User Terms) at your request
• complete your payments and transactions;
• understand and resolve technical issues, app crashes and other issues being reported;
To Contact You
We may periodically contact you with Services-related updates, new features you are entitled to access, legal information, customer service communications, newsletters and alerts (where applicable, based on your registrations and preferences), surveys, offers, promotions, and other information that may be of interest to you.
To Better Understand Our Users and Improve our Services
We analyze our users’ interactions with the Services along with demographics, interests, and other information to better understand and serve our users and to improve our Services.
To Deliver and Measure Advertising, Including Personalized Advertising
To Protect the Rights of the Services and Others
We may use your information that we, in good faith, believe is necessary or appropriate to secure, protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, its employees or agents, or other users, and to comply with applicable law and legal process.
We may otherwise use your information with your consent or at your direction.
We may share your information with:
• Third Party Applications at your request oron your authorisation. We are not responsible for the privacy practices ofthese entities
• Affiliates within our family of affiliated companies.
• Service Providers that provide services on our behalf, such as hosting vendors, advertising service providers, list managers and payment processors.
• Other Parties When Required by Law or As Necessary to Protect Our Users and Services including as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, our employees or agents or users, or to comply with applicable law or legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities.
• Third Parties that Provide Analytics, Content, Advertising, or Functionality. Third parties may collect or receive certain information about you and/or your use of the Services to provide content, ads (including personalized ads), or functionality, or to measure and analyze ad performance, on our Services or other websites or platforms.
• We may share or allow third parties to collect device information (e.g., browser type, IP address, or device ID), usage information, or click information obtained through cookies or other tracking technologies. Some of this information may be combined with information collected across different websites, online services, and other linked or associated devices. We try to limit how our third parties can use the information they gather from you or that we provide. However, some advertising and analytics vendors combine information they gather about you through our Services with information they receive from others in order to target ads to you across other services and to improve their own services.
• We may also share information, including personal information about you (e.g., e-mail address) in hashed or other obscured format, for advertising purposes, including personalized advertising, either on our Services or for our products on other websites or platforms. Recipients are prohibited from using this personal information for their own purposes.
• Other Parties in Connection with a Corporate Transaction. We may share information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization, or in contemplation of or due diligence related to such a corporate transaction.
• Otherwise With Your Consent or At Your Direction. We may also share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
We also may share other information with third parties in a manner that does not identify particular users, including, for example, aggregated data about how users are using our Services.
Additional information If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to provide you with some additional information. Please note the information and the rights discussed below are not applicable to our employees, former employees, candidates, contractors, service providers, or business contacts.
• We may collect, use, and disclose for our business and commercial purposes, the following categories of information about you or your use of the Services:
• Identifiers (such as name, address, email address); commercial information (such as transaction data); financial data (such as credit card information); user-generated content; device information and identifiers (such as IP address); internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or app usage); professional and employment related information; location data; audio or visual information (such as if you participate in a phone survey or submit a photo); demographic data (such as gender); inference data; and other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
• We may use the above categories of information:
• To provide and manage the Services you request; to contact you; to deliver advertising; to better understand our readers and users and improve our Services; for bug detection and error reporting; to audit consumer interactions on the Services; to protect the rights of the Services and with your consent.
• Please see How We Use Information above for more information.
• We may share
• any of the above categories of information we collect with: our affiliates; business partners to provide you with services that you request; service providers; other parties, including government entities, when required by law or to protect our users and services; social media services pursuant to that service and your settings; and with your consent or in connection with a corporate transaction.
• commercial information and financial data, including your payment information, with payment processors, and
• device information and identifiers and internet or other network or device activity with entities that provide content, advertising, and functionality.
Sale of personal information. We engage in personalized (or targeted) advertising on the Services or on other sites and when we advertise our Services elsewhere. In connection with such advertising, we may share the following categories of information with advertising networks and providers, advertisers, certain analytics providers, and social media networks, which may be considered a sale under California law
• device information and identifiers, such as IP address, and unique advertising identifiers and cookies; usage information, such as browsing history or app usage; location information, such as city; and inference data.
California residents can request:
• access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you;
• deletion of certain personal information we have collected from you; and/or
• provide information about financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
If you would like information regarding your rights or would like to make a request, please email us at email@example.com. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and requests, including by verifying your account information, residency or the email address you provide. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law such as information we retain for legal compliance and to secure our Services. We may need certain information in order to provide the Services to you; if you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to use the Services. The CCPA further provides you with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff, third parties and sub-contractors as reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you. You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your Services account information or password to third parties.
• Title: Adrian Maurer
• Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org